The links listed on the monthly pages were found primarily by searching through Google, and other search engines. There were also many sites that I used to find the event names.
The events listed on this website include only the events that have a link to additional information about that event and the health condition. I have also made every attempt to get current information.
Here are the primary sites I used to find health awareness days in the following countries/regions. Please note not all sites have updated for 2014 events yet.
- Australian Network on Disability
- Department of Health and Aging, Australia calendar of events
- Queensland Health – Events calendar
- Kidney Health Australia
- New South Wales Government – Health
- Northern Territory Government – Department of Health
- The National Calendar
de Nederland (The Netherlands – NL):
- Dutch (inter) national theme days and weeks [Nederlandse (inter)nationale themadagen en-weken]
- Issues Collection [Issuekalender – welzijn en gezondheid]
New Zealand (NZ):
- Department of Health (DOH) Health Calendar
- Republic of the Philippines – Department of the Interior and Local Government – Events archive
Россия (Russia – RU):
- Медицинские праздники (Medical Holidays)
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (SA):
- الأيام الصحية لعام 1434هـ (Health Days 2013)
Szerbia/Србија (Serbia – RS):
- Gradski zavod za javno zdravlje Beograd – Kalendar Zdravlja (Castle & Palace National Institute of Public health treatment Belgrade – Health Calendar)
South Africa (ZA):
España (Spain – ES):
- American Cancer Society
- AVMA – Pet Health Awareness Events
- Prevent Blindness America Eye Health and Safety Observance Calendar
- Selected Women’s Health Observances from CDC
- What Health
- Altius Directory – World health days
- United Nations Observances
- World Health Organisation – Annual Events
My secondary sources include suggestions by other medical librarians, organisers of health awareness events and friends and family. Many organisations are beginning to use social media such as Facebook and Twitter to promote awareness.
Two-letter country codes are used for consistency and have been obtained from http://sustainablesources.com/resources/country-abbreviations/ based on ISO (International Organization for Standardization).