The links listed on the monthly pages were found primarily by searching through Google, and other search engines. There were also many sites that I used to find the event names.
The events listed on this website include only the events that have a link to additional information about that event and the health condition. I have also made every attempt to get current information.
Here are the primary sites I used to find health awareness days in the following countries/regions. Please note not all sites have updated for 2013 events yet.
- Australian Network on Disability
- Better Health Channel – Events calendar
- Department of Health and Aging, Australia calendar of events
- Healthier Queensland
- Kidney Health Australian
- New South Wales Government – Health
- Northern Territory Government – Department of Health
de Nederland (The Netherlands – NL):
- Dutch (inter) national theme days and weeks [Nederlandse (inter)nationale themadagen en-weken]
- Issues Collection [Issuekalender - welzijn en gezondheid]
New Zealand (NZ):
- Department of Health (DOH) Health Calendar
- Republic of the Philippines – Department of the Interior and Local Government – Events archive
Россия (Russia – RU):
- Медицинские праздники (Medical Holidays)
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (SA):
- الأيام الصحية لعام 1434هـ (Health Days 2013)
Szerbia/Србија (Serbia – RS):
- Zovad Za Javno Zdravlje – Kalendar Javno Zdravstvenih Dogadanja (Public Health Institute – Public Health Care Events)
South Africa (ZA):
- National Department of Health – South Africa
- South African Government Online – Health awareness days/weeks/months
España (Spain – ES):
- American Cancer Society
- Prevent Blindness America Eye Health and Safety Observance Calendar
- Selected Women’s Health Observances from CDC
- What Health
- Altius Directory – World health days
- Monthly Health Observances for 2013: What to Write, Talk, or Blog About
- United Nations Observances
- World Health Organisation – Annual Events
My secondary sources include suggestions by other medical librarians, organisers of health awareness events and friends and family. Many organisations are beginning to use social media such as Facebook and Twitter to promote awareness.
Two-letter country codes are used for consistency and have been obtained from http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/ctycodes.htm based on ISO (International Organization for Standardization).